Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Welcome Extreme Coupon Viewers!!


Here's a post to help you in your desire to save money using coupons!
In obtaining coupons, I have gone through a few different stages. In this post, I'd like to explain a few different approaches and the ones that I feel are the most productive.


When I first began couponing, I solely relied on the Sunday paper being delivered to my house each week. In doing so, I had one copy of each insert weekly and cut them out acccordingly.


After a while, my mother began giving me her coupon inserts each week as I saw her. So, at this point, I now was cutting 2 of every coupon available in the weekly inserts.


Then, I progressed to get high-speed internet and was introduced to some online coupon sites.

These, coupled with my other coupons, gave me, what I felt like, was an ample supply of manufacturer's coupon. I was content as I was saving quite a bit off our weekly grocery bill.


It was only this past summer that I came upon some websites that "peaked my interest". My favorite "fellow coupon queen" sites are listed on my sidebar. There, I read about a totally different approach to couponing, and I was hooked. Now, I get my coupons from many different sources. Each week, I buy at least 4 local papers on Saturday. (I live in a small town, where our Saturday paper includes the coupon inserts and sells for only $.75.) Then, on Sunday morning my "big city" Sunday paper is delivered with coupons. After church and lunch, I scan through the Sunday inserts. Occassionally there is a few more coupons in the Sunday paper than in the Saturday. Depending on the difference, I will go and buy any where from 5 to 7 more papers at a store.


This doing, I end up with at least 10 of every coupon in the weekly inserts. That may sound like a lot to some of you, but when you start stockpiling and buying in bulk, it really helps.


I still get a lot of coupons from various coupon printing webpages. Some of my favorite coupon sites are:

And, lastly, I get on company's email lists and receive coupons through the mail and email.

For example, CVS emails me coupons almost weekly for $4 off a purchase of $20. In contacting different stores and restaurants that we like, I receive coupons for "just about everything". Well, at least, that's what my husband thinks!!

For more tips, see my articles in the right side bar labeled Coupon 101.

No comments: