Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Tag is On!!

I got 'tagged' yesterday by LMKIA here. Be sure to read her story..it is funny!! This will be fun!!

Rules:

Share a story on your blog from when you were first learning to use coupons.
Tag -3 other bloggers, then go leave a comment on their site letting them know they were tagged, with a link back to your post!
Make sure to include a link in your post back to the person who tagged you first!

Here's my story:
This happened a few months after I had begun serious couponing. I was standing in line at Meijers, and the lady behind me was commenting on my coupon organizer. We had a lot of time to chat, as the line was long and Meijers was slow. She said she could NEVER do all that. I reassured her that it was not a talent, just a desire to save money. She understood once I said I had four kids. Still that did not appease her skepticism. She then commented that I was probably buying things we wouldn't eat. Looking at my groceries of frozen veggies, waffles, cereal, and salad dressing, I replied that I don't buy things that we won't eat unless I give it away. It just makes sense!!
Still not satisfied, she next proceeded to tell the people waiting behind her in the line to look at this lady up here with all these coupons!! And of course, she was very curious as I was being checked out as to my savings. The last thing I heard her say was, "And she bought a coat too for some kid for Christmas!!"
I think I floored her, but most importantly I hope I helped her to see that saving is for everyone. It just takes time and organization.
But this funny episode doesn't end with the remarks from the lady behind my in line! Before I left, the cashier apologized for being so slow. "This is my second day. I just hope you have items for all these coupons, because I don't have time to check. I hope you're honest or I could get fired." I looked her right in the eyes and replied, "The Lord would not bless if I tried to do something dishonest."
That must have appeased her, because she proceeded to scan ALL those coupons and check me out. I shop this Meijer almost weekly, and to this day, I haven't seen this cashier again. I hope that my couponing trip had nothing to do with that!


I now tag:
Stephanie at Couponing 101
Amy at Tips from a Mom of 3
Joy at My Reasons to Blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Tag! I'll get to it as soon as I can!

Stephanie said...

How funny! Maybe that lady started couponing after watching you save!

Thanks for the tag! :)