Monday, December 1, 2008

Menu Planning 12/1-12/7

Yes, menu planning does take time. But, it is WELL worth the effort for me in that I know that I save money by not eating out as much. And, for me, it's nice to know each morning as I'm homeschooling my children what I'm planning for dinner that evening. It's also frugal, in that, after I plan the week's menu, I get the items that I will need to have them on hand. That means fewer trips to the grocery and less money spent overall!

So, with that said, here's the menu planned for this week:

Monday: chili with corn bread pancakes
Tuesday: cheesy beans and brown rice wraps
Wednesday: turkey and noodles
Thursday: spaghetti w/ salad & garlic bread
Friday: eat out(a special treat for my 6 year old as the 3 oldest have a youth event)
Saturday: fish
Sunday: slow cooker beef enchiladas

Now, I check the pantry and my freezer to see what items I need, see who has the best deals, and make sure that I have what I need. I usually don't list the vegetables because I have so many canned green beans and frozen corn from the garden this year.

No comments: