Friday, November 28, 2008

Can you really save much money?

That question is probably the most frequent one I hear from people every where. That and the comment, "Oh, you just end up buying things you don't need and it's really not worth the effort." Well, I can say from experience that you can save a lot of money and it is definitely worth all my effort and time.

In July 2008, I began shopping using the methods I described in my previous article, "Tips to maximize your savings". After stocking up on coupons for only 2 1/2 months, here's my savings statement for October 2008:
Subtotal of all items $1009.52
Coupons savings 404.73
Store savings 267.63
out of pocket (oop) 337.16

Total savings $672.36 !!! That's 67% off my total bill. I'd say, that's worth the effort to me. And, I'm looking forward to bigger savings this month as I continue to get a good coupon base and learn new ways to save. Look for my November saving's report in a few days as the month is coming to a close.

No comments: