Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Little Extra Time..

This past Saturday as I was going about my normal routine of laundry, cleaning, getting prepared for church services the next day, I noticed that I had extra time on my hands. I thought for a minute that I was forgetting to do something. And then I realized the reason: there were no coupons to cut and organize!! It really made me realize how much time I do spend cutting and filing.
It's usual for me to buy around 5-10 papers on Saturday. (Those who follow me know that my local paper has the inserts on Saturday) Anyway, I usually go to CVS in the morning, buy the papers, and come home to clip and organize throughout the day, still doing my regular chores. I fit it in while waiting for the laundry.
Believe me, it takes awhile to get all those coupons cut, even when I'm cutting 4 at a time. I end up with a huge stack to file. And, of course, while I'm filing, I'm also pulling out expired. But, as I thought about the time invested, I KNOW that it is well worth my time. I see the savings every trip to the grocery or drug store. So, while the break was nice, I'm looking forward to the inserts this weekend!

No comments: