Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Reason is Confirmed!!

Well, I know that it is important to save money. We all like that aspect of using coupons, shopping the sales, etc... But, with the winter weather around here, I have not been able to get out and do ANY shopping.
And that leads me to another good reason to stock pile...I was not concerned that we would not have anything to eat. I really think we have enough food in the house to last this family of six for a long time. (Not that I'm asking for that to be put to the test!)
At times like this, I'm thankful for a full freezer and pantry. Now, it does take a little more effort and creativity to put meals on the table. But, it can be done.
I'm also thankful we were only out of electricity for 4 hours...two years ago it was 4 days.
So, we cooked roasted hot dogs in the fireplace and heated some free Hormel chili (thanks to last week's Krogers sale) in a iron kettle over the fire. And lunch was served. (You can't really watch your diet when cooking this way!) I was starting to think about what to do for dinner, when the lights came on! Thank you, Lord!!

So, to all who were unaffected by this winter storm...be thankful. And pray for those who are!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I totally agree with you, we have been "stuck" at home for 2 days (not without power though) and I was so thankful that we had plenty of groceries to eat, and didn't have to worry about what to prepare!

Julie said...

I was wondering when I heard that OK was hit too! Julie