Monday, January 16, 2012

My Top 10 Tips for Frugal Living #7 Rebate

As I continue my Top 10 Tips for Frugal Living, here's the latest:
# 10 Know the Prices here
# 9 Be Organized here
# 8 Network here
# 7 Take advantage of REBATING!
I have found that serious couponing, in addition to rebating, can yield maximum results. Now, I know that rebating isn't quite what it has always been, but believe me, there are still rebates available.
I have found the best resource for rebating to be Refund Cents. Michele has a great magazine that is mailed out monthly, and she also has a daily blog. If you're looking for a rebate, she will most likely have it on her list.
Anyway, one thing about rebating, is to be organized about it (here we go again w/organization!). I learned a great trick...do NOT put away an item for which you have a mail-in rebate (MIR) until you have the rebate filled out and ready to mail. That way, you won't forget about it. It has helped me to be timely in my rebates.
A lot of times you will see a Try Me Free (TMF) come out on a new product. Or, more often you will see a Money-Back Guarantee (MBG). But, when you are able to get an item on sale, use a coupon, and then get a rebate, the company is paying you to purchase the item! It's a great way to save more money!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm loving these Top 10 Tips :) Thanks Julie!

-Ashley

Julie said...

Thanks, Ashley...add to them if you can. I'd love to hear from some "experts"!!