Friday, September 25, 2009

How To Get Coupons

Recently, I have become aware of the fact that many, many people do not know how to use coupons effectively. Some refuse to use them. Some don't like coupons. Some use them very sporadically. And, believe it or not, some don't think you can save money using them. I, however, am a firm believer in using coupons. If you would like to start saving $100's every month on your grocery bill, then this article is for you. It's one of three parts that I will be sharing:

I. How to Get Coupons

You need to know where to get them in order to use them, right? In obtaining coupons, I have gone through a few different stages. When I first began using coupons, I solely relied on the Sunday paper being delivered to my house each week. In doing so, I had one copy of each insert weekly and cut them out accordingly. For me this just wasn't enough.

Then, I progressed to get high-speed Internet and was introduced to some online coupon sites. These, coupled with my other coupons, gave me, what I felt like, was an ample supply of manufacturer's coupon. I was content as I was saving quite a bit off our weekly grocery bill.

It was only last summer that I came upon some websites that "peaked my interest". There, I read about a totally different approach to couponing, and I was hooked. Now, I get my coupons from many different sources. Each week, I buy at least 4 local papers on Saturday. Then, on Sunday morning my Sunday paper is delivered with coupons. Occasionally, there are a few more coupons in the Sunday paper than in the Saturday. Depending on the difference, I will go and buy any where from 5 to 7 more papers at a store. This doing, I end up with at least 10 of every coupon in the weekly inserts. That may sound like a lot to some of you, but when you start stockpiling and buying in bulk, it really helps. I still get a lot of coupons from various coupon printing web pages. And, lastly, I get on company's email lists and receive coupons through the mail and email.

To cite an example of how all this comes into play: my husband and I recently went out for the evening. I had a coupon for our meal at Max and Erma's (from the Sunday paper), a coupon for some Christmas presents I bought at Family Christian bookstore (from a mailing I received by being part of their Perks reward program), a coupon for a book at Borders (from my email), and 2 coupons for my purchases at Bath and Body Works (one from a mailing I received and one from my email).

No comments: