Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Little Clarification and Help!

I've lately received several comment and emails concerning my Meijer's trips, so I thought I would take some time to clarify some things and give some extra help to those who are learning!

First, Meijer's doubles manufacturer's coupons up to $.50 to $1 off. Anything between $.50 and $1 doubles to $1. Anything $1 and over is at face value.

Now, here's where it gets interesting: My Meijer doubles up to six of the same coupon, which is of great benefit!! Most Meijer's (in fact, every other one that I have been to) only doubles two of the same coupon. For most of my trips, I can do everything in one transaction. But, for my post on Monday, I did go back in to do a second transaction, because I had six more Chi Chi coupons for FREE salsa! But, as I said, that is unusual for me.

Lastly, I want to encourage those of you who are beginner couponers or who are confused...hang in there. I want to again emphasize that I do not post my trips as a bragging post...I do it to help YOU by hopefully laying it out clearly how you too can enjoy these savings. It's my goal to teach you how to save money...it's not about me. My life goal is to glorify the Lord in all that I do. One way is to be a good steward of what He has blessed me with.
I have only been a serious couponer for a year now. It's taken me this long, as I am only now beginning to feel that I'm getting the hang of it. My stock pile is growing monthly, and my grocery budget is decreasing. Just know, it takes some time to build up your coupons and understand how to get the best deals.

I hope and pray that this has been some encouragement to someone..if so, let me know. Also, if you have any questions, please do NOT hesitate to leave a comment or email me.

4 comments:

Le said...

thanks Julie! I really appreciate all of the hard work and effort that you put into the posts that you offer each day. i have followed your blog for a while now but have benefitted from it greatly. i have you on my blog and refer you often. have a great day!

Julie said...

Thanks so much...I'm glad it is of benefit!
julie

Little Miss Know it All said...

Julie, I LOVE your shopping recap posts. I refer newbies to your site in my classes all the time for that very reason--seeing trips broken down like that really helps them learn. Keep at it--you're doing GREAT work!!

Julie said...

Thanks Heather for the referals!
I appreciate all you do too!
julie