Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving...A Way of Life

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL my readers!!
Just a few thoughts on thankfulness...

I should be thankful because:
  1. God loves me
    1John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    1John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

  2. God cares for me
    1Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

  3. God knows me
    Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations

  4. God is faithful
    2Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
    1Kings 8:56 Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

  5. God is in control
    Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
    Revalation 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Now, there are MANY other great reasons to be thankful...these are just 4 to ponder!!

No comments: