Thursday, December 30, 2010

Extreme Couponer Show Reaction

So, what did you think about the show last night?? I'd love to hear some feedback.
My initial thought is that couponers were portrayed as taking advantage of the system. I'm concerned that there may be some negativity involved as to how stores view us reasonable couponers. I did greatly appreciate the one who gave so much to a local food pantry...isn't that part of what Jesus told us to do?? Feed the hungry?? Anyway, I found it very interesting to watch and am looking forward to another year of saving money!
Please let me know what you thought...

1 comment:

flemishe said...

I found out last night that the show told the couponers to go to the absolute extreme (makes sense since that is the name of the show). It sounds like it was done for sensationalism and shock value more than it being a valuable show people could learn from. I know Joanie also donated the majority of what she purchased as well. The stores were contacted ahead of time and special ordered the items to have on hand and put them on the shelves (except for the cereal), so they were all in on it together. It wasn't any kind of "real" shop IMO.