Monday, October 5, 2009

My Family Dollar Fun!


I just more than paid for my papers yesterday! I went to Family Dollar, (thanks to a tip from Amy and was able to get all this for $5.69:

  • 5 Snuggle fabric sheets $3
    - five $3 cpns (10/4 SS)
    = FREE
  • 2 Coke 2 liters $1.20
    - $.20 on each Family Dollar cpn
    = $1 each
  • 1 Hormel Compleats $2
    - $2 cpn (All You mag)
    = FREE
  • 2 Oreos $1.75 each
    - $1/2 cpn (Nabisco calendar)
    = $1.25 each

Now, my original plan was to combine all this w/ the Glad trash bags and use their $5 off $25 purchase. But, I found out that the $25 is AFTER all coupons, so I put the trash bags back!
I also found out that they do NOT accept internet coupons.
My oop = $5.69 ($1.19 was tax)
Total savings $19.40

3 comments:

a busy mom getting through life said...

I am glad to find someone that shops at family dollar too. They have some good deals.

Our dollar general as good deals also. if you still have the $1.50/2 cpn for suave look for the bonus sz. it is $2. so you get 2 bottles for .50 each.

Our dollar general takes IP's too. Something to check into.

I hope to see you post more deals like this soon.

Thanks

Julie said...

Thanks, busy mom! I'll be going to DG tomorrow to check out the Suave deal. Does your Family Dollar take IP's? Just wondering if it's just mine!
Julie

a busy mom getting through life said...

I am not sure if they do or not, I will have to check it out for IP's.
I don't do alot of target shopping , but yesterday I stopped by target. I got 5 motts apple juice and used the $5 gc ( not bad for $3.00) but I ask and there is no limits.
I am going to get some more today. For around .75 after the gc that is not bad deal.

If you have the $1 cpn I would get the reg sz suave shampoo at Dollar general (it is like a bogo) but the $1.50 is better on the bonus sz. b/c it is $2 and that would be .50 each. You may find it at a different price, let us know how it goes.