Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Strawberries, anyone?!




Yesterday, my daughter and I picked 24 lbs. of strawberries! So, I had to dig through my recipes and find my Strawberry pie recipe....thought I would share it with you!

STRAWBERRY PIE:

3 T. corn starch
2 T. corn syrup
1 C. sugar
1 C. cold water
Combine & cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in 2 T. strawberry gelatin & 3 drops of red food coloring.
Place washed & drained strawberries in baked pie crust. Pour glaze over berries.
Place in refrigerator to chill. Top with CoolWhip, if desired.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome recipe! We have a ton of strawberries from our garden & I'll have to try this recipe, its a little different than mine! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow thats a buncha strawberries... Great recipe too. Love your blog... thanks for all the tips.

For some reason I can never get strawberries to grow for me. They do great for a while then...poof... they die...I guess.. it could be the crazy Texas weather or..... maybe it has something to do with this blackish colored thumb I have.:)