Thursday, April 2, 2009

Difference in Coupons

I noticed something yesterday as I was filing the recent coupons from Sunday. Now, I bought 4 local papers on Saturday that have the inserts, got one Sunday paper delivered, and then bought 3 more Sunday papers. Usually, the coupons are the same...but not this week. Not only did Sunday's paper have a few extra coupons, like the Hefty bags, but I also noticed a difference in the value. I had never seen this before. The Nestle chocolate chips coupon in Saturday's inserts was $.75 off one package. However, the Sunday's coupon was $1.50 off two. Now, this may seem comparable, but to us who shop at stores that will double coupons up to $1, there is a difference. The $.75 off one, doubled to $1, is a better deal. So, my question to anyone who might have some answers is: why the difference??

4 comments:

Charlene said...

There's definitely a difference in coupon inserts, not just in the coupons included, but the value. Everyone has been blogging about free Mentos gum using a $1/1 coupon from the inserts--my coupons are only for $.55, not $1. I've also noticed it when I've ordered extras from Coupon Clippers--sometimes I have the same coupon they list, but mine is different. My local city paper gets many less coupons than a major metrolpolitan paper from 90 miles away.

Julie said...

Amazing that I bought mine papers about 20 miles from each other and they were different!

Le said...

where do you find saturday papers with coupons?

Julie said...

My local paper (from Wilmington, OH) has the coupons inserts in the Saturday paper. They do not publish a Sunday one.