Monday, February 9, 2009

Super Meijer Savings Trip!!


Went to Meijers today...I said I was focusing on them this week. And, wow, the savings were incredible. I really hadn't planned or needed to do a big grocery trip this week, but I could not pass up the savings on the things my family likes!!
I bought a total of 77 items:

6 Fiber One yogurt 4 packs $2 each
6 Wishbone Dressings $1.25 each
1 Millies bread $1.29
1 Bisquick $1.88
10 Vaseline Intensive Care lotions $1.99
2 Chex Mix Snack mix $2
6 GM Fruit Stackerz $1.67
1 Betty Crocker cake mix $1
6 Betty Crocker Warm Delights $1.25
2 Mac & Cheese Crackers $1.67
6 Skippy peanut butters $1.25
2 Snyders Tortilla chips $2.50
4 Fiber One bars $2
6 Chex Mix bars $2
6 Cheerios, various flavors $2
6 Nature Valley granola bars $2
1 package grapes

subtotal = $131.24
coupons used = $73.67
savings total = $148.87
oop = $57.57

In addition, I received two Catalinas: one for $3.50 for the Nature Valley & another for $3.50 for the Fruit Stackerz!! I might have to go back later to get more.
You may notice that I bought 6 of a lot of items. That's because my Meijers in Milford will double 6 coupons for the same item! To see the coupon matchups, go
here. I wanted to take a pic, but there was just too much!!
Let me know how you did this week.

8 comments:

Jill said...

I didn't think Meijer in Milford would double 6 coupons. GREAT to know. I live in Milford, and LOVE that you shared that. You had a great shop!

Julie said...

Thanks Jill. Yes, they always have doubled 6 for me. I shopped others which only double 2 and was disappointed!!

Jill said...

I have always just done multiple transactions, as I thought their store-wide policy was 2. It just goes to show it never hurts to ask what the individual store policy is, as well. This is very good news for me!

Julie said...

It's funny, though, you would think it would be a company policy, not store-by-store. But, it's good news for those of us who live close to the Milford store!
Julie

Unknown said...

I just found your blog! And I just have ask, are you speaking of Milford, Ohio? Just wondering because I live near that area, and was wondering if that's where you are talking about!

Julie said...

Yes, Amy, I live about 15 miles from Milford, OH in Blanchester. I love the Meijers store there!! Is that near you?
Julie

Unknown said...

The Meijer store in Milford is near me! The Meijers near Fields Ertle area is closer to me but it might be worth it to me to start going to the one in Milford so that I don't have to do so many transactions! Thats great to know! Thank you!

Julie said...

I like the one in Fields Ertel too. I have found, though, it is organized a little different...kinda hard to find things if you're unfamiliar!
Julie