Monday, February 23, 2009

More Savings at Walgreens


I decided to stop at Walgreens on my way home from Meijers. I usually wait until the end of the week and then they are out of the good deals.

I got:
2 Reynolds Wrap Foil $.89 - $1 cpn = FREE + overage
2 Glade Fabric & Air $2.99 - B1G1 cpn - $2 cpn = 2/$.99
(Qualifies for $1 Easy Saver Rebate...will be FREE )
2 Oust Air Sanitizer $2.99 - B1G1 cpn - $1.50 cpn = 2/$1.49
(Qualifies for $1 Easy Saver Rebate too...will be $.49)
3 One A Day Women's Vitamins $7.99 - $6 in ad cpn - $1 cpn = $.99 each
1 Excedrin Pain $1.99 - $1 cpn = $.99
2 Degree deodorants $1.99 w/in ad cpn - $1/2 cpn = 2/$3

oop = $10.87
earned $1 RR on the Excedrin
Will get $2 in Easy Saver rebates!!
total savings = $46.48..the vitamins were an $21 savings alone!!

5 comments:

Sherri Walker-McCann said...

It is my understanding that since you used a bogo glade coupon on the fabric and air spray you should not be able to use the addition -$2.00 coupon, since that is using 2 MQs on one item (since you have to buy TWO in order to use the bogo coupon)....right? I would think that would be considered fraud.....am I wrong?

Julie said...

You are permitted to use both coupons...the B1G1 for one and then the $2 on the one that you are actually purchasing. Two coupons for two items. I would never try to "play" the system or do ANYTHING considered fraudulent! God would not honor or bless. Also, the registers are programmed with what is allowed. It never paused nor beeped. But, above that, I know that using two coupons here is not fraud or dishonest. I hope this helps clarify what is permissable. In His Service, julie

Sherri Walker-McCann said...

I was not aware of that.....it just does not make since to me sine the MANUFACTURER is the one giving you the free item, why would they also give you money off of it? I understand if the STORE is the one giving you the free item, but not the manufacturer. I wish there was some source that could verify that...do you understand what I am saying? I am not suggesting that you are TRYING to "work the system"-as I see that we both serve the same God, but it just does not make any sense to me.

Julie said...

I checked w/LMKIA at Littlemissknowitall.net on this to clarify:
Here’s how it works. The $2 coupon applied to the first Glade. Now you’ve bought one, so you get one free. Its called Piggybacking. Now, if the coupon had been $2/2, then that’s a totally different situation, and you know that. But since the BOGO applies to the second item, not the first, then its allowed.
Hope this helps Sherri!

Little Miss Know it All said...

Sherri, Julie is correct. You can use two coupons on this sale.

You can verify it with HotCouponWorld.com as well.