Tuesday, February 10, 2009

frugal Tip Tuesday

If you have followed my shopping at all, you have already noticed that I buy a lot of dish detergent...the liquid type. You may be wondering, "Does she do that many dishes?". Well, with a family of six there are a lot to do, but I do have the blessing of a dishwasher. And, yes, I stocked up on Electrosol recently....15 boxes to be precise. So, what do I need all that liquid dish detergent for?
Well, aside from stock piling....buying it when it's on sale w/ a coupon. There is another way I use it up. You know those hand soap dispensers (I call them fuzzy pumpers, but I think that's playdoh) I think Dial makes one, but I have bought one for each of my bathrooms at the Dollar Store. Well, in case you didn't know, those things are refillable. When they run out, simply fill w/liquid soap just until you cover the bottom of the dispenser. Then fill to the top with water. Shake it up and you're ready to go.
Believe me, this is a big money saver for me. With four children, we wash a lot of hands around here. One note, I have had to replace one...it had been in use for about a year and I think the pump just plain wore out!!

2 comments:

Tracey C. said...

We do this too! Works GREAT!!!

Julie said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one!