Monday, December 8, 2008

Menu Planning 12/8-12/14

I am a firm believer in menu planning. Yes, it takes some time. But, by now, I have a good base of recipes to pull from. It's simply a list of dinners that I know that my family likes. Then, based upon what's on sale that week, I decide what to cook for the coming week. Next, I make of list of ingredients that I will need to fix the various meals, and purchase them. This essentially saves time and money. Time, in that, I'm not running to the store every day or so for items that I need. And money, in that fewer trips to the grocery store means fewer dollars spent, especially on nonessential things. So, with all that said, here's my menu for the upcoming week:

Monday: slow cooker beef enchiladas (we unexpectedly were invited out Sunday)
Tuesday: spaghetti
Wednesday: meatloaf
Thursday: fried chicken
Friday: Church Christmas party
Saturday: chili
Sunday: Southwest chicken

You'll notice a pattern in that on Sunday, I use the crock pot a lot. It's so much easier to come home from church and have most of our meal done!!!
Don't take my word for it, try menu planning for your family and see the savings!!
(Not to mention the infamous "what do you want for dinner?".)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Don't you just love when you get invited out to eat after church? Although I do have to say that we don't get asked too often, I think people are scared because of "all the kids" we have. :)

Julie said...

I know what you mean..we have 4 kids as well. With 3 boys, they can really put the food away!!
But it's a blessing, too!